Hello and welcome to Dog works Radio. I am Robert Forto. This podcast episode is a little different than most of the episodes in our catalog but it is fitting because it is a musical tribute to our dog Raegan.
If you have been a fan of our show or follow us on social media over the years, undoubtedly you have heard us talk about this special dog.
Sadly she passed away and we wanted to create a playlist not only for us but for anyone that may want to pay tribute to a dog that they have lost along the way.
We lost a very special sled dog, Raegan of Team Ineka. She was the dog that started it all here at our mushing kennel in Alaska. She was a Siberian Husky and the Diva of our kennel.
This is the hardest part of being a dog musher. We put our hearts on the line with every new puppy that arrives at our kennel and we do our very best to show them a great life with an opportunity to do what they love.
It’s hard because we know at some point we will have to set our hearts up to say goodbye. It is our sincerest desire to share our memories with our dogs with as many people as we can. We want to share the love, the passion, the grit, and the tears that these dogs give us.
Each one of the dogs in our kennel is special. They stay with us until the end and we would not have it any other way. From the very first puppy kisses with puppy breath and the long kiss and last whisper to say goodbye, our hearts are always with them. Run free, my sweet girl Raegan. Wear your silver harness with pride.
Please, take a moment to listen in and hope that it can help you in a special way. If you know a family member or friend that may have lost a beloved dog, please share this podcast with them too.
- Hidden Trail by Alsever Lake
- In Loving Remembrance by Outside the Sky
- Life Intended by Awyr
- The Quiet Dark by Moments
- Remembering Well by Stephen Keech
- To Feel the Open Air by Greater Still
- Season of Hope by Shimmer
- Mountain by Stephen Keech
- They All Belong by Moments
- Kindness by Shimmer
- Future Memories by Caleb Etheridge
- In Faith by Emorie
- Onward by Chelsea McGough
- A Separation by Acreage
- Here With Me by Awyr
- Moonlit Thoughts by Joshua Spacht
- First Light by Half Measure
- A Broken Heart by Cody Martin
- Beautiful Sorrow by Cody Martin
- Finding Destiny by Cody Martin
- Eclipse by Cody Martin
- The End by Colossus
- Run To the Hart by Kurtis Parks
- Life in Wonder by Moments
Music used with permission and under license by Soundstripe
Host, Michele Forto’s Bio: Michele Forto is the lead trainer for Alaska Dog Works where they train dogs for service work, obedience, and more. Michele is also the business manager and husky wrangler for Team Ineka. When Michele is not training dogs she loves to travel on their annual Rock n Roller Tours where she and Robert hit up rock concerts and roller coasters around the country.
Host, Robert Forto’s Bio: Robert Forto is the training director for Alaska Dog Works where they train dogs for canine obedience, working dogs, therapy dogs, and service dogs for clients all over North America. He is also a dog musher and he and his wife operate a 36-dog mushing kennel in Willow, Alaska, called Team Ineka. They can often be seen at local races and leading expeditions in the Alaska backcountry with outdoor leadership students at the University of Alaska. Robert is the producer of Dog Works Radio that has been on the air since 2009 and is currently simulcast on a local radio station, KVRF in Palmer, Alaska.
Links and Resources Mentioned:
- RSS feed for our show: https://dogworksradio.libsyn.com/rss
- Alaska Dog Works
- First Paw Coffee
- Robert Forto on Twitter: @robertforto
- Dog Works Radio on Twitter: @dogworksradio
- Michele Forto on Twitter: @micheleforto
- Alex Stein on Twitter: @coldfootfilms
- Dog Works Radio on Facebook
- Dog Works Radio on Instagram
- KVRF in Alaska
Thanks for Listening! We appreciate your visiting our site today and for help in bringing awareness to the Dog Works Radio podcast
- Rock n Roller Coaster Tour 21 #rocknroller21 to live host The Coaster Geeks Podcast
- Podcast Movement 21 in Nashville in August #PM21
- Podcast Movement 22 in Dallas #PM22
- We would love to hear from you!
Help us spread the word! We would love it if you could please share #DogPod with your Twitter followers. Click here to post a tweet If you dig this episode head over to Apple Podcasts and kindly leave us a rating or a review and subscribe!
Ways to subscribe to Dog Works Radio
Feedback and Promotion You can ask your questions, make comments, and request a show topic! Let your voice be heard.