Join hosts Robert Forto and Alex Stein as they present their daily coverage of the 2019 Iditarod. On this episode we give an update on the days events on the trail, the infamous burled arch at the finish line in Nome, and more.
Host, Robert Forto’s Bio: Robert Forto is the training director for Alaska Dog Works where they train dogs for canine obedience, working dogs, therapy dogs and service dogs for clients all over North America. He is also a dog musher and he and his wife operate a 40-dog mushing kennel in Willow, Alaska, called Team Ineka. They can often be seen at local races and leading expeditions in the Alaska backcountry with outdoor leadership students at the University of Alaska. Robert is the producer of Dog Works Radio that has been on the air since 2009 and is currently simulcast on a local radio station, KVRF in Palmer, Alaska.
Host, Alex Stein’s Bio: Alex M. Stein is a writer, documentary filmmaker, and storyteller living in Los Angeles while pining for the Northern Lights. He is the author of the personal essay collection NO, MR. BOND, I EXPECT YOUR DREAMS TO DIE and directed the Iditarod documentary MUSH. He was married in Alaska, above the Arctic Circle, at the northernmost saloon in the world, by the bartender. Alex has been a host on Dog Works Radio since 2012 and he can be heard on our mushing broadcasts and during our annual nightly Iditarod coverage each March. Links and Resources Mentioned:
- RSS feed for our show: https://dogworksradio.libsyn.com/rss
- Alaska Dog Works
- Robert Forto on Twitter: @robertforto
- Michele Forto on Twitter: @micheleforto
- Alex Stein on Twitter: @coldfootfilms
- Dog Works Radio on Facebook
- Dog Works Radio on Instagram
- KVRF in Alaska
On this episode:
- The burled arch in Nome
- Scratches and social media
- An #Uglydogs update about the pianist that severed his finger running the team
- Musher profile Matthew Failor
Thanks for Listening! We appreciate your visiting our site today and for help in bringing awareness to the Dog Works Radio podcast.
Where we are going? (In real life)
- Podcast Movement 19 in Orlando
- APDT Conference 19
- The AORE & AEE Joint National Conference
- Live coverage of the Alaska Dog Works Dryland Derby 2019
- Rock n Roller Coaster Tour 19 #rocknroller19 to live host The Coaster Geeks Podcast
Audience feedback drives the show. We would love for you to email is and keep the conversation going! Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 907-841-1686. We would love to hear from you!
Help us spread the word! We would love if you could please share #DogPod with your Twitter followers.
Ways to subscribe to Dog Works Radio
- Click here to subscribe via Apple Podcasts
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
- Click here to subscribe on Spotify
- Click here to subscribe on Player FM
Feedback and Promotion You can ask your questions, make comments and request a show topic! Let your voice be heard.