Join hosts Robert Forto and Alex Stein as they present their daily coverage of the 2019 Iditarod. On this episode: The 24s. On this episode we talk about day three on the trail and how teams are starting to take their 24-hour rests. We also share a couple cool stories from the day.
Host, Robert Forto’s Bio: Robert Forto is the training director for Alaska Dog Works where they train dogs for canine obedience, working dogs, therapy dogs and service dogs for clients all over North America. He is also a dog musher and he and his wife operate a 40-dog mushing kennel in Willow, Alaska, called Team Ineka. They can often be seen at local races and leading expeditions in the Alaska backcountry with outdoor leadership students at the University of Alaska. Robert is the producer of Dog Works Radio that has been on the air since 2009 and is currently simulcast on a local radio station, KVRF in Palmer, Alaska.
Host, Alex Stein’s Bio: Alex M. Stein is a writer, documentary filmmaker, and storyteller living in Los Angeles while pining for the Northern Lights. He is the author of the personal essay collection NO, MR. BOND, I EXPECT YOUR DREAMS TO DIE and directed the Iditarod documentary MUSH. He was married in Alaska, above the Arctic Circle, at the northernmost saloon in the world, by the bartender. Alex has been a host on Dog Works Radio since 2012 and he can be heard on our mushing broadcasts and during our annual nightly Iditarod coverage each March. Links and Resources Mentioned:
- RSS feed for our show: https://dogworksradio.libsyn.com/rss
- Alaska Dog Works
- Robert Forto on Twitter: @robertforto
- Michele Forto on Twitter: @micheleforto
- Alex Stein on Twitter: @coldfootfilms
- Dog Works Radio on Facebook
- Dog Works Radio on Instagram
- KVRF in Alaska
On this episode:
- Lost team on the trail
- The stray dog that runs with teams for 30 miles
- The 24-hour rest
- Musher profile Victoria Hardwick
Thanks for Listening! We appreciate your visiting our site today and for help in bringing awareness to the Dog Works Radio podcast.
Where we are going? (In real life)
- Podcast Movement 19 in Orlando
- APDT Conference 19
- The AORE & AEE Joint National Conference
- Live coverage of the Alaska Dog Works Dryland Derby 2019
- Rock n Roller Coaster Tour 19 #rocknroller19 to live host The Coaster Geeks Podcast
Audience feedback drives the show. We would love for you to email is and keep the conversation going! Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 907-841-1686. We would love to hear from you!
Help us spread the word! We would love if you could please share #DogPod with your Twitter followers.
Click here to post a tweet If you dig this episode head over to Apple Podcasts and kindly leave us a rating or a review and subscribe! Ways to subscribe to Dog Works Radio
- Click here to subscribe via Apple Podcasts
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
- Click here to subscribe on Spotify
- Click here to subscribe on Player FM
Feedback and Promotion You can ask your questions, make comments and request a show topic! Let your voice be heard.
- Call 907-841-1686
- Email email@example.com
- Book an interview on the show
- Take our survey