What we talk about on this episode:
- Mushing in Northern Minnesota
- The John Beargrease Marathon
- Media in mushing
- Chilly Sled Dogs
- Life of a senior dog
Host, Robert Forto’s Bio: Robert Forto is the training director for Alaska Dog Works where they train dogs for canine obedience, working dogs, therapy dogs, and service dogs for clients all over North America. He is also a dog musher and he and his wife operate a 40-dog mushing kennel in Willow, Alaska, called Team Ineka. They can often be seen at local races and leading expeditions in the Alaska backcountry with outdoor leadership students at the University of Alaska. Robert is the producer of Dog Works Radio that has been on the air since 2009 and is currently simulcast on a local radio station, KVRF in Palmer, Alaska.
Host, Alex Stein’s Bio: Alex M. Stein is a writer, documentary filmmaker, and storyteller living in Los Angeles while pining for the Northern Lights. He is the author of the book Tales from the Trail and directed the Iditarod documentary MUSH. He was married in Alaska, above the Arctic Circle, at the northernmost saloon in the world, by the bartender. Alex has been a host on Dog Works Radio since 2012 and he can be heard on our mushing broadcasts and during our annual nightly Iditarod coverage each March.
Links and Resources Mentioned:
- Press Release
- COVID-2021 Plan
- Tales from the Trail book on Amazon
- RSS feed for our show: https://dogworksradio.libsyn.com/rss
- Alaska Dog Works
- First Paw Coffee Company
- Robert Forto on Twitter: @robertforto
- Dog Works Radio on Twitter: @dogworksradio
- Michele Forto on Twitter: @micheleforto
- Alex Stein on Twitter: @coldfootfilms
- Dog Works Radio on Facebook
- Dog Works Radio on Instagram
- KVRF in Alaska
Thanks for Listening! We appreciate your visiting our site today and for help in bringing awareness to the Dog Works Radio podcast
Where we are going? (In real life)
- Podcast Movement 21 Nashville
- Rock n Roller Coaster Tour 21 #rocknroller21 to live host The Coaster Geeks Podcast
Help us spread the word! We would love if you could please share #DogPod with your Twitter followers. Click here to post a tweet If you dig this episode head over to Apple Podcasts and kindly leave us a rating or a review and subscribe!
Feedback and Promotion You can ask your questions, make comments and request a show topic! Let your voice be heard.