The movie studio that brought us Iron Will is back into the sled dog world and making a movie about the story of Leonhard Seppala and his dog Togo. Disney will begin filming the movie this fall in Canada and actor Willem Defoe has been cast. While we don’t know much about the storyline yet we do know that Iditarod musher, Martin Buser is traveling to Canada to offer up some of his dogs and his plethora of technical advice for the movie.
What we discuss on this episode:
- What goes into making a movie
- What our thoughts are on the movie and the actors
- Great behind the scenes info from Alex about the inner workings of making a film
- Direct to stream–good or bad?
Host, Robert Forto’s Bio:
Robert is the training director for Alaska Dog Works where they train dogs for canine obedience, working dogs, therapy dogs and service dogs for clients all over North America. He is also a dog musher and he and his wife operate a 40-dog mushing kennel in Willow, Alaska, called Team Ineka. They can often be seen at local races and leading expeditions in the Alaska backcountry with outdoor leadership students at the University of Alaska. Robert is the producer of Dog Works Radio that has been on the air since 2009 and is currently simulcast on a local radio station, KVRF in Palmer, Alaska.
Links and Resources Mentioned:
- RSS feed for our show: https://dogworksradio.libsyn.com/rss
- Robert Forto on Twitter: @robertforto
- Michele Forto on Twitter: @micheleforto
- Alex Stein on Twitter: @coldfootfilms
- Dog Works Radio on Facebook
- Dog Works Radio on Instagram
- KVRF in Alaska
Thanks for Listening!
We appreciate your visiting our site today and for help in bringing awareness to the Dog Works Radio podcast.