Join hosts Robert Forto as he welcomes Jake Hway to talk about the life of retired sled dogs on Mushing Radio
What we talk about on this episode:
- The story of 19-year-old sled dog, T
- The day in the life of a retired sled dog
- How old is a retired sled dog
Host, Robert Forto’s Bio: Robert Forto is the training director for Alaska Dog Works where they train dogs for canine obedience, working dogs, therapy dogs, and service dogs for clients all over North America. He is also a dog musher and he and his wife operate a 40-dog mushing kennel in Willow, Alaska, called Team Ineka. They can often be seen at local races and leading expeditions in the Alaska backcountry with outdoor leadership students at the University of Alaska. Robert is the producer of Dog Works Radio that has been on the air since 2009 and is currently simulcast on a local radio station, KVRF in Palmer, Alaska.
Host, Kourosh Partow’s Bio: KP as he is known in the sled dog world is a world-class sprint musher that has raced sled dogs all over the world. He lives in Chugiak, Alaska with his wife, Deanna, and their kennel of sled dogs. KP brings an interesting perspective to Dog Works Radio as he can share stories and conduct interviews with those people involved in the sport from all over the world.
Links and Resources Mentioned:
- RSS feed for our show: https://dogworksradio.libsyn.com/rss
- Alaska Dog Works
- First Paw Coffee Company
- Robert Forto on Twitter: @robertforto
- Dog Works Radio on Twitter: @dogworksradio
- Michele Forto on Twitter: @micheleforto
- Alex Stein on Twitter: @coldfootfilms
- Dog Works Radio on Facebook
- Dog Works Radio on Instagram
- KVRF in Alaska
Thanks for Listening! We appreciate your visiting our site today and for help in bringing awareness to the Dog Works Radio podcast
Where we are going? (In real life)
- Podcast Movement 21 in Nashville
- Live coverage of the Alaska Dog Works Dryland Derby 2021
- Rock n Roller Coaster Tour 21 #rocknroller21 to live host The Coaster Geeks Podcast
Audience feedback drives the show. We would love for you to email us and keep the conversation going! Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Call us at 907-841-1686. We would love to hear from you!
Help us spread the word! We would love if you could please share #DogPod with your Twitter followers. Click here to post a tweet If you dig this episode head over to Apple Podcasts and kindly leave us a rating or a review and subscribe!
Ways to subscribe to Dog Works Radio
Feedback and Promotion You can ask your questions, make comments, and request a show topic! Let your voice be heard.
- Email email@example.com
- Book an interview on the show
- Take the Survey
Would You Like to Support the Show? Become a Patron Today!