Join host Michele Forto as she discusses What is a Crisis Response Dog? on Dog Works Radio.
What we talk about on this episode:
- What is a crisis response dog?
- The differences between crisis response dogs, therapy dogs, service dogs and ESAs
- Our own DAWGs program
- and much more!
Host, Michele Forto’s Bio: Michele Forto is the lead trainer for Alaska Dog Works where they train dogs for service work, obedience, and more. Michele is also the business manager and husky wrangler for Team Ineka. When Michele is not training dogs she loves to travel on their annual Rock n Roller Tours where she and Robert hit up rock concerts and roller coasters around the country.
Host, Robert Forto’s Bio: Robert Forto is the training director for Alaska Dog Works where they train dogs for canine obedience, working dogs, therapy dogs, and service dogs for clients all over North America. He is also a dog musher and he and his wife operate a 36-dog mushing kennel in Willow, Alaska, called Team Ineka. They can often be seen at local races and leading expeditions in the Alaska backcountry with outdoor leadership students at the University of Alaska. Robert is the producer of Dog Works Radio that has been on the air since 2009 and is currently simulcast on a local radio station, KVRF in Palmer, Alaska.
Links and Resources Mentioned:
- RSS feed for our show: https://dogworksradio.libsyn.com/rss
- Alaska Dog Works
- First Paw Coffee
- Robert Forto on Twitter: @robertforto
- Dog Works Radio on Twitter: @dogworksradio
- Michele Forto on Twitter: @micheleforto
- Alex Stein on Twitter: @coldfootfilms
- Dog Works Radio on Facebook
- Dog Works Radio on Instagram
- KVRF in Alaska
Thanks for Listening! We appreciate your visiting our site today and for help in bringing awareness to the Dog Works Radio podcast
Where we are going? (In real life)
- Rock n Roller Coaster Tour 21 #rocknroller21 to live host The Coaster Geeks Podcast
- Podcast Movement 21 in Nashville in August #PM21
- Podcast Movement 22 in Dallas #PM22
Audience feedback drives the show. We would love for you to email us and keep the conversation going! Email email@example.com or call us at 907-841-1686
- We would love to hear from you!
Help us spread the word! We would love it if you could please share #DogPod with your Twitter followers. Click here to post a tweet If you dig this episode head over to Apple Podcasts and kindly leave us a rating or a review and subscribe!
Ways to subscribe to Dog Works Radio
Feedback and Promotion You can ask your questions, make comments, and request a show topic! Let your voice be heard.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Book an interview on the show
- Take the Survey