I grew up in Maine running dogs. I’ve been a dog mushers for over 20 years. I have always run Alaskan. 11 years ago I moved to Norway with my Norwegian wife and now have a kennel here of long distance alaskans. My background is in journalism, marketing, teaching and I currently work as veterinary technician. I am the current secretary for Mush with Pride.
What we talk about on this episode:
- How Barry got started in mushing
- Moving from the United States to Norway
- What is Mush with P.R.I.D.E?
- What the sport of dog mushing will be like in five years.
Host, Alex Stein’s Bio: Alex M. Stein is a writer, documentary filmmaker, and storyteller living in Los Angeles while pining for the Northern Lights. He is the author of the personal essay collection NO, MR. BOND, I EXPECT YOUR DREAMS TO DIE and directed the Iditarod documentary MUSH. He was married in Alaska, above the Arctic Circle, at the northernmost saloon in the world, by the bartender. Alex has been a host on Dog Works Radio since 2012 and he can be heard on our mushing broadcasts and during our annual nightly Iditarod coverage each March.
Links and Resources Mentioned:
- Barry “Bear” Siragusa on Facebook
- Mush with P.R.I.D.E. group on Facebook
- RSS feed for our show: https://dogworksradio.libsyn.com/rss
- Alaska Dog Works
- Robert Forto on Twitter: @robertforto
- Dog Works Radio on Twitter: @dogworksradio
- Michele Forto on Twitter: @micheleforto
- Alex Stein on Twitter: @coldfootfilms
- Dog Works Radio on Facebook
- Dog Works Radio on Instagram
- KVRF in Alaska
- Podcast Movement 19 in Orlando
- APDT Conference 19
- The AORE & AEE Joint National Conference
- Live coverage of the Alaska Dog Works Dryland Derby 2019
- Rock n Roller Coaster Tour 19 #rocknroller19 to live host The Coaster Geeks Podcast
Help us spread the word! We would love if you could please share #DogPod with your Twitter followers. Click here to post a tweet If you dig this episode head over to Apple Podcasts and kindly leave us a rating or a review and subscribe!
Ways to subscribe to Dog Works Radio
- Click here to subscribe via Apple Podcasts
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
- Click here to subscribe on Spotify
- Click here to subscribe on Player FM